WHEN YOU RUN THE TAPE BACKWARDS, SATAN TELLS YOU TO BUY A ZUNE
I seriously was torn over posting this one. I have much love and respect for the team, which includes some of the funniest (stop hugging me, i mean it), most talented people I’ve ever worked with (and some I haven’t but just know are awesome).
Such an immense amount of UI engineering detail went into this. Notice:
- the lighting on the illuminated surfaces of the reel (the inset bevels) as they rotate.
- the deliberate irregularity in the translucency of the plastic reels
- the pinch roller rotation
- the tween frames on the speed selector and on the reels during ffwd/rewind
- how the tape scales and redraws upon release when scrubbing
- the tension arm bounce on play/stop (it’s not true behavior, but it’s cute)
- the actual realism in the button detent that doesn’t feel like another dribbble disaster
But still, HEY REMEMBER WHEN WE USED TO SIT AROUND ON HUGE STACKS OF AMPEX LISTENING TO JAD ABUMRAD SMOKING A DOOB AND THAT AWESOME FLOATING SLEEP TIMER MENU WOULD LIKE SHOOT UP INTO SPACE LIKE A FUCKING HOLOGRAM? NO ME NEITHER BECAUSE OOPS IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY RAN OUT OF SKEUSPACE.
(hey al, joe, melissa, august, CRAIG “MUSCLES” MILITO and the rest of you! =D )